ot"

It's really funny looking back on the last couple of weeks I feel like my life has been taken over by the projector. Going out and helping people realise project is really interesting. Stayin in B and B's and making myself "Useful" long days sorting out small practical problems - not taking full responsibility - it really suits me. The thing in the park was also really good as I helped to bring the unravelled threads of a project together through project management but mainly through commitment to making an "Event" fit for purpose. I also like the image of Paul and Will and Paul wife. I'd not really noticed it as it didn't have the projection "In shot" but what an amazing picture what a thing we enabled to happen I think that I'm very proud of this picture and it makes me think that the projector is really good.
But I am also looking through my photos and thinking that it is a bit like when I got 6 massive roles of bright pink rip stop nylon from the scrap store and everything I made for about 3 months was bright pink - or at least had some bright pink in it. It feels like projection is a phase but it has made me think a lot about film making. I've even wondered if I'm a frustrated film maker as most "art" films bore me and I don't have time for them and I really like the artists like Snables and Steve macqueen who become "Proper"film makers. I think this means they master the medium rather than play with it.
So this is Kate and Steves Blog and should not be used for rambling i remember the "Who died and made you king of the blog comment" it cut deep so to the Kate and Steve point.
We talk a lot about trying to find the "Form" which is the right thing for the Job - film, sound, Print,painting, wallpaper, pot noodle sticker. I think that we together come up with "the right thing for the job" very quickly and I don't know if it's the same for you but it is this which makes our partnership so important - I often when working on my own don't have the clarity that I know it's "The rite tool for the job". I think we need clarity and this isn't built on arrogance it's built on experience and the need "To do" something. Anyway what do you think - this is my first
"Strength of the partnership"
I started off with the projector as I think that it may be a danger to this strength and maybe one of the differences between a Kate and Steve project and a "Collaborators" project although I'm not sure about this

It's really funny looking back on the last couple of weeks I feel like my life has been taken over by the projector. Going out and helping people realise project is really interesting. Stayin in B and B's and making myself "Useful" long days sorting out small practical problems - not taking full responsibility - it really suits me. The thing in the park was also really good as I helped to bring the unravelled threads of a project together through project management but mainly through commitment to making an "Event" fit for purpose. I also like the image of Paul and Will and Paul wife. I'd not really noticed it as it didn't have the projection "In shot" but what an amazing picture what a thing we enabled to happen I think that I'm very proud of this picture and it makes me think that the projector is really good.
But I am also looking through my photos and thinking that it is a bit like when I got 6 massive roles of bright pink rip stop nylon from the scrap store and everything I made for about 3 months was bright pink - or at least had some bright pink in it. It feels like projection is a phase but it has made me think a lot about film making. I've even wondered if I'm a frustrated film maker as most "art" films bore me and I don't have time for them and I really like the artists like Snables and Steve macqueen who become "Proper"film makers. I think this means they master the medium rather than play with it.
So this is Kate and Steves Blog and should not be used for rambling i remember the "Who died and made you king of the blog comment" it cut deep so to the Kate and Steve point.
We talk a lot about trying to find the "Form" which is the right thing for the Job - film, sound, Print,painting, wallpaper, pot noodle sticker. I think that we together come up with "the right thing for the job" very quickly and I don't know if it's the same for you but it is this which makes our partnership so important - I often when working on my own don't have the clarity that I know it's "The rite tool for the job". I think we need clarity and this isn't built on arrogance it's built on experience and the need "To do" something. Anyway what do you think - this is my first
"Strength of the partnership"
I started off with the projector as I think that it may be a danger to this strength and maybe one of the differences between a Kate and Steve project and a "Collaborators" project although I'm not sure about this
Yes strength in partnership, but also a shared practice - by this i mean an abandonment of idea ownership so the idea belongs to the partnerships. I think we do have a mission statement that currently resides in those ideas and discussions on ideas and decision about what we do. i cant write it out at the moment but am trying. I suppose thats what i hoped the work we are planning to do with David G would help. I think kate&steve's work is born out of need, doing the right thing, small change ideals and process but that sounds a bit loose, i think we should explore this. I continue to work on a .doc to have as a statement.
ReplyDelete