books with inscriptions

I have just found these books in Oxfam I was looking for some books on Ruskin but these two stood out - I really like the personal inscriptions which sort of fix them in time - and connects them to the world.  It feels a bit Susan Hiller but as we will not really be making work rather a collection I think this is fine - I have a friend who runs a second hand book shop I can ask him to keep a look out for us.

 I




 

Comments

  1. i really like the finds - yes they should be addded to the collection and i suspect we can find some more to add to them. I have a nice wild flowers one i won as a price at school for Biology with a sticker and writing by my teacher. this would work well as we could identity all the flowers on the wild sections on PX good conceptually, aesthetically pleasing and totally useful - ruskin would be pleased

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment