Replica Pork


I found this replica pork in a museum display.  It reminded me of a conversation I'd had the week before about art always having to justify itself where there are loads of other things which don't seem to have to justify themselves which just get done like archeology.  So I suppose this answers my question- crazy museum designers come up with one of the best pieces of art I've seen for ages .   So they found some pig bones know nothing about them at all. Decide that the best way to present this to a public is to create a piece of replica pork which looks just like something your mum just cooked in an electric oven for chrismas dinner .  I don't really know why I put this on our blog - maybe it was a chance to reference our seminal piece of art "Four representations of breakfast - non of them real." to our avid blog followers.  I'm drawn to the Fake and the real - the need to be authentic I wonder if this is something we share or if it's just my thing.  I wondered about landscape and fake and the real but I am drawn to the replica pork on many levels can we maybe talk about the idea of the authentic again?

Comments