Well its a week to go till i go on the next Clore Short Course in Oxfordshire. I'm a bit nervous, i met someone last night who has done one of them and when asked said - It was bad.
I said BAD or just hard?
she said Hard, it makes you cry,
Like 3 years on a Fine Art MA crying ? I've not done one of those, but you look at yourself hard, but i'm still friends with about 5 of the people i did it with, we bonded like when your in a bad place. What like in prison? Kind of....
I said BAD or just hard?
she said Hard, it makes you cry,
Like 3 years on a Fine Art MA crying ? I've not done one of those, but you look at yourself hard, but i'm still friends with about 5 of the people i did it with, we bonded like when your in a bad place. What like in prison? Kind of....
Ah so that's good and something to look forward to i suppose.
Seriously though i think its timely and needed and i hope will help us to declare the - what we do as the Poly and as artists in the world - better. I have read the Joshua Sofaer articles about Artist as leader and Anne Douglas' work with Chris Freemantle about artists taking the lead as a warm up - If nothing else I'm prepping for the hard!
As a practicing artist entering the course [and not a member of an organisation] it is this practice or way of being i take with me and it is this i wish to explore. I can identify with Joshua's leader description
‘a creative behaviour that
is conscious and intentional about change’ . Which like the other artists he interviewed, feels like a good way to talk about what I see myself doing in the work, but like them also, I worry that if we need to resignify the word Leader to mean this expanded notion so we dont become part of business stuff or political buffoonary then that's a bit rubbish. By trying to clarify the vocabulary its seems we might be getting bogged down and i wonder if/how it helps - i cant go through another - what do we call ourselves scenario - Artist as Leader fits and will do - i can get on then and change?

Comments
Post a Comment