I hope I've not made any spelling mistakes on the above sign. I have a strong memory of sitting with Wayne at the summer school quietly asking him what was spelt wrong on my' This is not an exercise' banner. He was as bad as me and we stuck an extra 'C' in it but been dyslectic does not make us bad at writing it just makes us different.
I can write
Last week was a stepping backwards into a familiar space, like wearing the shoes of a dead friend, past on tearfully by a grieving widow. Uncomfortable, challenging, yet necessary; a regular commitment to be drawn back into a memory coupled with a reluctance to discard the familiar. It is important to remind ourselves that we are in the first ,people and all the labels, roles and titles are secondary to this, sometimes useful yet always contested.
It's to soon to know if I'm energized by last weeks summer school but I am surprised which was my expectation. So here is the clip from Gladiator
Maximus: Fratres ! Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

Comments
Post a Comment